Natural Beauty Wish List #1


A month in, I feel that I've committed to this natural beauty lifestyle. I've begun clearing out or using up conventional products as well as buying natural alternatives and throughout the process I've realized there are a few holes in my collection that need to be filled. My wishlist consists of items that I feel would round out my collection and replace more toxic options. Some are totally indulgent, others will be easier to get my hands on.

1. Red Apple Lipstick in Ooh La La - $23.50 - I am a self-professed lipstick junkie. So when it came to checking my lipsticks on EWG and clearing out the really bad ones (rated 4 or higher) it hurt my soul a bit. I have a few more clean lipsticks from Bite Beauty, which I love, along with a new Pacifica Devocean Lipstick in Tenderness, which I can tell will be in my favorites. But I've heard so many wonderful things about the Red Apple Lipsticks. So to round out my lipstick collection and fill the hole of throwing out nearly 30 lipsticks I'm interested in getting my hands on Ooh La La, a dusty rose color that is right up my alley.

2. Zoya Nail Polish in Rue - $9 - I was happy to discover that Zoya is a relatively clean nail polish brand since I already have two of their polishes from past subscription boxes. I already know I absolutely love the formula. But the colors that I have - Neve, a deep blue with silver and Odette, a muted purple - aren't the typical colors I usually go for. My favorites are deep reds and light - almost white - pinks. Their collection of colors rivals the best of the best so it wasn't difficult to find a color that I know I would love and wear a ton. Rue is described as a full-coverage blush cream. 

3. ZuZu Luxe Liquid Eyeliner - $14.50 - Winged liner is a crucial component to my signature look. Currently, I own The Balm's Schwing Liquid Eyeliner, which has been a long-time favorite and actually only rates a 2 on EWG. This technically fits into my standards of low-toxic beauty products, but I've heard so much about the ZuZu Luxe one that I'm willing to give it a try. I'd be looking to get Raven, which is a matte black waterproof formula.

4. Kjaer Weis Eye Shadow in Wisdom - $45 - A totally indulgent product, I'll probably only get my hands on this as a Christmas present if I'm lucky. A girl can dream, right? I'm finding that eye shadow is one of the hardest natural products to transition to. Either the pigmentation is bad or the lasting power does not rival some of the eye shadows I've had in the past. On top of that, most clean companies only make loose powder eye shadows, which I personally find finicky and annoying. I'm already having to work with a loose foundation, loose blush, and loose brow powder. They're messy and really difficult to travel with. I don't want any more loose products if I can help it. On a day-to-day basis, I swipe a creamy color or taupe shade over my eyelid. The shade Wisdom looks beautiful and would be a color I use every day.

5. RMS Beauty Living Luminizer - $38 - Another indulgent product, this was something I had heard of even before I knew about the natural beauty world. Right now, I use The Balm's Mary-Loumanizer, which I love. Once again, that highlighter only rates about a 2 on EWG. As a cult favorite among natural beauty guru's and conventional beauty guru's alike, this is a must try despite the price tag.

Are these any of your favorites? Let me know what is on your wish list right now.

Comments