Andalou Naturals Brightening Review



I'm lucky to say that I'm generally quite happy with my skin. That's a big feat after suffering from poor skin in high school and hating looking in the mirror without foundation on. My only complaint with my skin now comes from textural issues, a little dullness, large pores, and what I think is slight hyper-pigmentation or red cheeks. 

Before I had even decided to convert to more natural products I took a stroll through a local health food store. I realized that they carried the brand Andalou Naturals, which I had heard of before on the YouTube channel makeupTIA. She had raved about the Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask. And for good reason. This mask is said to improve dullness, resurface and exfoliate the skins surface, even tone and texture, and leave a luminous complexion. So I bought it, went home, and tried it that night. I loved the fresh pumpkin smell and the tingly feeling it gave my skin while I had it on. The best thing was that my skin looked noticeably better the next morning. There was less redness, a more even tone, and an overall glow to my skin. After being disappointed with natural products in the past, this one was a very pleasant surprise. I use this mask about two times a week and am continuing to be so happy with my purchase. It works equally as good as the GLAMGLOW masks that I own and love, but this is a much more natural option.

So naturally I went out the next day and bought three more products from the Brightening collection.

I've been in the market for a toner for quite a while and tossed and turned about ordering the Pixi Glow Tonic after hearing amazing reviews for it. But after the surprising results with the mask and my recent transition into natural skin care It made sense to pick up the Clementine + C Illuminating Toner. This is such a refreshing toner that smells of oranges. I spritz this on after washing my face and before applying serums and moisturizers in both the morning and evening. It's exactly what I was looking for and keeps my complexion looking bright in between using the glycolic mask.

I was also in the market for an eye cream or treatment since I wasn't currently using one in my skin care routine. I picked up the Luminous Eye Serum from this lineup, which is said to smooth fine lines, stimulate circulation to reduce puffiness, and diminish dark circles. At 25, I'm not so much combating wrinkles as I am hoping to prevent them. So that was the reason behind this purchase. I don't suffer from horrible dark circles or puffiness. And maybe for that reason I'm not noticing a massive difference when I use this product. Regardless, I'm happy I'm including it in my skin care routine.

With my recent switch to a low-toxic foundation, I started using a loose mineral powder foundation from Bellapiere. I'm normally a full-coverage liquid foundation type of girl and was finding the mineral powder to be a touch too sheer. So when I came across the All-in-One Beauty Balm Sheer Tint with SPF 30 I hoped it would offer a little more coverage and almost act as a primer to the loose powder foundation. This product is quite sheer and rather than giving me more coverage it more so evens my skin tone and gives a slight warmth. That could be because I'm quite fair and it might be slightly too dark but I like the effect and it doesn't come across as an issue. The loose mineral powder foundation that I use adheres so much better to my skin when I have this BB cream on underneath, which also helps with the overall coverage of my base makeup. I've tried other BB creams in the past and have been sorely disappointed with them because they ball up during application or are severely too dark for me. This is a home run and is even better since it offers SPF, which I am normally terrible about including in my day to day regimen. Even better? This naturally occurring sunscreen doesn't break me out at all.

Andalou Naturals is a thoughtful brand that uses natural, organic, and fair trade ingredients in their products. I feel that I've found a natural skin care brand that I can finally stand behind. The results that I've been getting from these products has blown me away. This brand has shown me that natural does not mean that you have to sacrifice performance at all.

Comments